Setting up an account with your children's name
- The web site offers a way to track a child's progress through Grammaroplis by setting up an account. An account can only be set up with a credit card number from an adult. We do not collect any indentifying information directly from children. The only information we ask about your child is the first name so that we can keep track of more than one child on a parent's account. The types of information we associate to a child's first name on a parent-approved account includes:
- Quiz Scores
- Videos Watched
- Books Read
- Progression thorugh Grammaropolis
- Sections Started
- Section Completed
- Through the Parent Dashboard, you will be able to see exactly what information about your child is recorded. WE DO NOT SEND ANY COMMUNICATIONS TO CHILDREN, SHARE THEIR IDENTITIES OR IN ANY WAY COMMUNICATE WITH CHILDREN. ALL COMMUNICATIONS ARE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BY THE ADULT WHO SETS UP THE ACCOUNT. For tips on protecting your child's privacy online, go to www.onguardonline.gov.
WHAT WE COLLECT
- We collect certain "Personal Information" about you which includes, but is not limited to, information that is personally identifiable such as your name, e-mail address and address and user ID. Although a credit card is necessary to access some parts of our site, we do not retain that information and never see more than the last four digits because a third-party processor handles the credit card transactions.
- We also collect "Anonymous Information," which is information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and does not, based on our understanding, permit the identification of individual persons.
- Before or at the time of collecting Personal Information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of Personal Information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain Personal Information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect Personal Information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to third-party service providers who work with us to provide some of the services on the web site and to help us communicate with you. Examples include, but are not limited to, sending email, analyzing data, marketing, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. We expect our third-party service providers to not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties. You consent to us sharing your Personal Information under the circumstances described herein.
- Should you receive a promotional email from us, you may “opt-out” of receiving additional promotional email communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails. You may also contact us directly at email@example.com. This applies to promotional communications and not administrative communications we feel are necessary to provide the services on the Website. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of Personal Information is protected and maintained. No one can fully guarantee or fully eliminate all risks associated with Personal Information and we make no such guarantees.
- We may engage in remarketing to market our sites across the web. When a user visits our site, a cookie is dropped on the user. Users with this cookie may be targeted across advertising networks to receive relevant advertisements.